24 okt. 2013

Stockings by the open fire

This is by far the most time consuming card I've ever made. I've made mini albums and altered projects that took longer time, but never a card. I think it took me 10 hours to complete. I wont go into every little detail, but I can explain some of the techniques I used. It was the stocking die that inspired me to make this card. Immediately when I saw it I knew I had to make an open fire for the stockings to hang over. I looked at a lot of photos of stockings by the fire and then tried to create the most realistic look. I made the brick wall by using a stencil and modeling paste. In fact I used Aleenes true snow - worked like a charm. When it was dry I colored it with different red, orange and brown distress inks. I cut a hole in the brick wall for the fire place and started to think about how I was going to create the fire.

I colored a piece of manilla cardstock with yellow, orange and red distress inks, making sure they blended well. Then I started to cut out the flames by hand, but it did not look good. Time to be creative. I went through my dies in search for something that looked like flames and when I saw my poinsettia die I knew the petals would be perfect. I cut out a bunch of flowers and then cut off all the petals. To create the wall behind the fire I used orange, red and black distress inks to make the wall look really warm and grimy, like real fire places do. To highlight the flames I painted on some Glamour Dust Glitter Paint. Thanks for looking and have a great day!      

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar